Saturday, April 26, 2014

This is Tim's blog for his Peace Corps service in Guyana. I'm leaving tomorrow, April 27th for Miami then heading to Guyana on Monday via Port of Spain. Kind of big deal leaving everything I've ever known behind and entering an entirely new environment and country. I've been contemplating it for a long time now and it's finally come to fruition. It's time to face the music and I have to admit that I'm not entirely sure that I am ready. But the one thing that I am sure of is that I will wake up tomorrow and deal with it. I think that may end up being how I typify this journey, just taking it one day at a time and dealing with problems and issues as they come. I have no assumptions about how anyone or anything will be. I anticipate learning everything again from the ground up and just doing the best that I can and hoping that will be enough. I think that's the most that anyone can do, take it one day at a time and do your best. As I go forth I intend to keep this singular quote in mind and hope it provides me some guidance.

"Take it easy, but take it and you'll win."
-Mr. Oldham

Thank you all for the well wishes, thoughts and prayers. Hopefully I'll emerge unscathed and find myself a better person from what I expect to be an entirely life changing event.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea that you were doing this! Congrats on the placement buddy, and I hope everything goes really well! Peace Corp is a seriously awesome undertaking and I am proud to know that you are doing it :)

    ReplyDelete